May 08, 2007
- The current poll asks, "Annika trivia: If you busted into Annika's house, what would she most likely shoot you with?" The correct answer is Heckler & Koch USP in .45 ACP, not the Sig Sauer 9 mil that 50% of you guessed.
- Do you think the Travelocity Gnome is funny? I do not, and thus I agree with 67% of you. Strangely, ten respondents did not know whether the Travelocity Gnome is funny, which is a "no" vote as far as I'm concerned.
- Eighty-seven percent of you think Ohio State should officially change their name from the Buckeyes to Florida's Bitches.
- On the burning question, "Egg salad sandwich, tuna salad sandwich, or chicken salad sandwich?" the response was evenly divided: 31%, 33% and 33%. So basically, they're all good.
- Which Jessica is best? Thirty-four percent picked Jessica Alba, but I was happy to see that there were at least 23 Frank Herbert fans out there who voted for Lady Jessica Atreides.
- Now that Sam Jaya has been kicked off American Idol, if he takes your advice he should go on one of those Bravo reality shows where everyone's gay. I think he'd be perfect for Shear Genius... as a client!
- Eighty-five percent of you have health insurance. Fifteen percent of you don't. Amazingly, this result is almost exactly congruent with the latest national census figures. So anyone who thinks my blog visitors are not a representative cross-section of America is nuts.
- Regarding the question: "What was the top story of 2006? The one everyone's talking about?" you were given a number of choices, and the majority of you picked, "Jackie Passey." That's crazy. What's even crazier is that "Evil donuts from the future invade Wall Street, reprogram the stock market" got only 14%, and that's only because I kept voting for it about two dozen times. The mere discovery that sentient donuts exist is enough to make it the top story in all of history, let alone the top story of last year. Add to that the fact that they're evil, they traveled through time, they invaded Wall Street, and they somehow managed to reprogram the stock market?!?! I just don't see how you people didn't think that was a major story! I suspect it's because many of you are doing well in the stock market and don't want to rock the boat.
- ¿Qual es la favorita pictura del hombre de sombrero? Esta Alfonso Bedoya.
- And finally, the winner of the Battle Of The Movie Assassins was Nikita from the original La Femme Nikita, starring Anne Parillaud. She got 58% of the vote, compared to Jason Bourne's 42%. I totally disagree with that result but what are you gonna do? View the tournament bracket here.
December 30, 2006
September 26, 2006
In what universe does a non-celebrity like Kylie Minogue beat Angus Young (who rules the known universe)?
That's b.s., but whatever.
Anyways, here's Kylie's banned lingerie commercial for whoever stuffed the ballot box. Enjoy.
September 08, 2006
The Final Jeopardy clue was very hard, I know. I test googled it first, just to make sure. The category was "Heroes," and the clue was: "A famous historian once described him thusly: 'He is incapable of violent action, he never raises his voice.' Yet today he is recognized as one of the Greatest Generation's great leaders."
The famous historian was Stephen E. Ambrose, if that helps any. The correct response will be revealed in the extended entry.
Let's see how the contestants did, shall we? more...
September 06, 2006
You can email your responses to me by clicking here.
The clue is in the extended entry. Good Luck! more...
September 05, 2006
It's time for Final Jeopardy with Annika. Thanks to everyone who participated in this game. Last year we had twelve visitors on the board, and this year we had fifteen, so that's pretty cool.
Last year's winner was Trevor, and we will definitely have a new champion this year since Trevor didn't play. (Unless he was the fake Law Fairy.)
Final Jeopardy will be open to anyone who has money in the game.
That would be:
Tuning Spork $1500
Victor has $700
Law Fairy $500
Maximum Leader $300
Kevin Kim $300
Matt of Overtaken By Events $200
Drake Steel $100
Just like on tv, you can wager from $0 up to the entire total of what you've earned in the game, or any amount in between.
Rules will be a little different this year, to conform more closely with the tv show. First, the players will email me their wagers, based on the category, without knowing the clue. All wagers must be in to me by Tuesday night, September 5, 2006, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
After I get the wagers, I'll post the clue and there will also be another time limit for the responses.
Comments will be closed, so wagers and responses must be e-mailed to me. The correct response must be phrased in the form of a question. There's no need to buzz in for Final Jeopardy.
The Final Jeopardy category is "Heroes." Think about your wagers and send the amounts to me by clicking here.
August 31, 2006
Leif is leading the pack with $1900; D-Rod and Tuning Spork are tied with $1500; Shelly has $1000; Victor has $700; Law Fairy has $500; Maximum Leader, KG, Blu and Kevin Kim have $300 each; Matt of Overtaken By Events and Trint have $200 each; Drake Steel, TBinSTL and SkippyStalin have $100 each.
The category is "Dicks," for $100.
August 29, 2006
The category is "Anal Bum Covers," for $300.
August 28, 2006
The category is "Vexatious Vexillology," for $400.
August 26, 2006
The category is "Ronald Reagan," for $200.
August 23, 2006
There's still plenty of money left on the board for you dark horses to make a move!
The category is "Ronald Reagan," for $100.
August 20, 2006
The category is "Dicks," for $300.
August 17, 2006
The category is "Vexatious Vexillology," for $100.
August 16, 2006
And the final clue in the category "American Skankwomen," for $300, izzzz...
...wait for it...
...here it comes...
August 15, 2006
The category is "Anal Bum Covers," for $400.
August 11, 2006
You people are mostly older than me, I'm surprised you're not up on your 80's bands.
If Nobody gets it, D-Rod will retain control of the board. I probably won't post anything this weekend, since my brother's in town and I'm going to hang out with him. But you never know.
August 09, 2006
Let's go over the Daily Double rules once again.
The rules for Daily Double are almost the same as on tv, with an important exception. In my game everybody gets to play the Daily Double.
Every response must have a wager in it. The lowest you can wager is $100 and the highest you can wager is either $500 or however much money you have earned already, whichever is higher. Or you can wager any amount in between.
Since D-Rod picked the Daily Double, his response gets priority. If you guess before him you run the risk of tipping him off to the correct response. If D-Rod either guesses wrong or does not respond by the expiration of his time limit (9:00 p.m. Pacific time on Thursday) the rest of the responses will count in order of their posting.
Here are the official standings. Tuning Spork is ahead with $1200; Leif is second with $1100; D-Rod has $900; Shelly and Victor are tied with $700 each; Law Fairy has $500; Maximum Leader and KG have $300 each; Matt of Overtaken By Events and Trint have $200 each; Drake Steel, TBinSTL and SkippyStalin have $100 each.
The category is "Anal Bum Covers." I'll post the clue after I eat some dinner.
Okay, here's the video clue. I'm certain it's google proof!
Reminder: Just in case it wasn't clear. The time limit applies only to D-Rod. If he doesn't respond by 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time tonight, the clue is still open to anyone who wants to try.
The category is "Canadians You've Never Heard Of," for $400.
August 07, 2006
The category is "Vexatious Vexillology," for $500.
76 queries taking 0.1733 seconds, 370 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.